Saturday, June 14, 2008

where am i?

back to blogger
after ages. not that i ve stopped feeling , its mainly the internet policy at my work place that prohibits any activity with a mail id sign in using their computer resources.

okey start with the topis......beep beep beep
it was a alert call in the outlook express (the otherwise alien MS programme ). i am heading for the first offcial meeting read KT(knowledge tranfer). after 4 weeks of sitting at the bench (that is the name for not doing any prodductive work ) , i am bored like hell and being bugged by arbit people with mind f@#king touch up works. so obviously i was very excited to strat on my own project and make my dent on this earth.

hardly did i know where am i heading for! after intial phases of smiles, introductions and coffee the meeting landed to the core of the project. out of 9 people in the room each one was a subject expert and they connected with each other . the discussion was very friendly and they were talking strategy, actions, user, coding, technology etc etc. i was waiting desparately to be a part of the talk and say some things....but i just waited waited and waited . with a stupid smile on a face and visible nods every now and then, i pretended to understand everything and tried to show that i dont talk much.never in my life i felt so stupid. the meeting was so depressing that i started questioning my abilities ............

in those time of low self belief , the great Stefan Segmister's quote came to my resque."if you are a designer then design, if you are a manager then manage"....................perfect it is and to my solace. large organizations like this will involve so many diverse people and i am here to do work in my own domain.thank god my organisation recognises my expertise and i guess i still can make a dent on this earth.....

No comments: